Home

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Burning the candle at both ends.....

My mother used to tell me that all the time. "Julie, you are burning the candle at both ends, and it will catch up with you." I would just laugh and think, "yeah, right" Well, I am 52 and still doing it. It has more than caught up with me. I am ill, grouchy, worn out, and fat. I have high blood pressure, arthritis, overgrowth of yeast (that is currently killing me) and I am quite sure a big fat, ready to bleed ulcer. So what else can we add to all my stress? Oh, just let me tell you.......
It was an awful week at school. AWFUL! Then Friday was just plain busy; a fairly good day but a Black History program and a dance in one day. Then, Kerry and I went out with friends to get out of our 3 ring circus life. Saturday morning, got up bright and early to go work at the fire station/museum (Alabama City Historical Association). I didn't HAVE to get up bright and early, but Mildred made sure I was up bright and early! (ugh) While down there working, got a call from MEDIC ALERT, that my Aunt Edna had pressed her alarm but could not answer the phone and the medics were in route. I sent Sherry running because I am worthless in those situations; besides I was busy working and she was just talking. She had Erin, but she stayed with me. She didn't get back to my house until 9:30ish. Then Sunday morning, Mildred got me up even  brighter and even earlier than the day before. (I hate her) I was downstairs doing some laundry and getting clothes out to wear today. I was bending over the towel basket, and pulled it out a little to get something that had fallen behind it. The next thing I knew, I was picking myself up off the floor, stars circling my head like in the cartoons (didn't hear birds) and getting the cast iron bed rail off my shoulder that had fallen and hit me on the head. I thought I must surely be bleeding. I haven't felt that much pain in a long time. I literally saw stars!!! I was moaning, but don't worry....didn't wake up my sleeping son. Then I came upstairs to wake Rebekah because she was going to keep Mildred for me. I asked her to check my head to make sure I wasn't bleeding and to look at my pupils. But don't worry.....she didn't budge. Ahhhhh......my loving family. My honey was worshiping the Lord or he would have checked me out (after he screamed at me for putting those rails there in the first place) And, then I had to leave at 11:30 to meet my group in Leeds (in the middle of a vast nowhere) to finish our project which is due Tuesday (we finished!) I feel a little bit better for having turned that in today, but so much stress to look forward to. Will be expected to be at the hospital tomorrow (and every day after that while she is there) after school to check on Edna. Then there is supper to cook; GOT to color this hair, and I have to force myself to start walking or working out or something. So, enough about me. (ha)
I have to share this one funny. Mildred has been awful and mean all weekend. Friday when Connie left, as soon as the storm door shut, she yelled "Goodbye Bitch!" Oh, my stupid stupid life......

No comments: