Home

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Apology to girl at Jack's

In my last post, I said that I wished that I could type the hollering and screaming thing that Moma does. It used to startle me, but now it just makes me want to slap her. So today, I needed to go to the hospital to visit my aunt because she had been alone all day with no visitors (BOLO for my other family members), and she was wallowing in self pity (and making me feel guilty), and she was confused about going to rehab tomorrow, AND she wanted a chocolate milk shake. So, I had no choice but to load up the nutwagon and head out. We got in the car, and I decided that Jack's was probably the best milkshake in town, so I went through the drive-through. I ordered one small chocolate shake for Edna and one small vanilla for the nut in the passenger seat. We pulled up to the window and I gave the girl my debit card when all of a sudden, Mildred let out with one of her war hoops to the twenty-fifth power. That little girl looked like she had seen a ghost (I wish), and she handed me back my debit card and slammed the window shut. She opened it in just a minute, handed out straws and shakes and couldn't get it shut fast enough. I guess she had never seen a 98.5 year old with Einstein hair screaming like a Banshee waiting on a milk shake. God love her. I apologize dear, I'll try to keep our run-throughs at Jack's to a minimum.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your stories and writing ability are the best!