Home

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Wake Up!

I am in a funk. A dark and twisty place. Not sure what is the cause. I have the "Idonotcareaboutanythingoranybody" blues. Well, I shouldn't say blues, because I am not down and out, not sad, just do not care AT ALL! I think I am over medicated. Men doctors have been throwing anti-depressants at me for years. I say all that to say this. I just want to come home from school and lie down. Lie on my bed with my sweet dog and basically tell the world to go fly. So today, I did.
I had been in a peaceful state for about 20 minutes when I heard the cane clickity clacking through my house.  I just laid there. She made the rounds through my house about 3 times when she came in and stood over me, grunting. I refused to acknowledge her. I never moved. She left the room. She must have gone to the den and sat down. Out of nowhere came this glass-breaking scream "WAKE UP!! YOOOO HOOOO JULIE!!!!!!!!!!! GET UP!!!!" The next thing I knew she was standing over me, punching me with that *&%@ cane, screeching "GET UP, YOU WON"T SLEEP TONIGHT!" Grrrrr......hating her, I got up. I stomped into the bathroom to remove the contacts which by then were glued to my eyeballs. Then I went to the kitchen to pour me a drink. She continued to walk around, nosing through things. The phone rang. While I was on the phone, she punched me with the cane and said, "Hey, I got to go lie down" I didn't miss a beat...."Oh no m'am. You get in there and sit down! You wanted me up, and I'm up. You are NOT going to lie down!" I can just take so much!

No comments: