Home

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Break is Over!

I've had writer's block. Thanks Jane for pointing it out. Actually, my time wasted on Facebook is ruining my desire to write and texting on my cell phone is killing the skill (I don't know how to make capital letters on my phone, or punctuation). I do refuse to text is shortcut mode. I never use 2 for to or too. I also don't speak in acronymns (IDKY). So, I'm back. And I have a doozy to tell.
Yesterday was one of the most stressful days of my life. Nothing major, just LOTS of little things piled up and all due at the same time, plus Rebekah was leaving for Daytona and I had to get cash to her (and get to the credit union before they closed). Had a faculty meeting but the sitter had a doctor's appointment....usually Christopher can keep Moma but he had to be at work at 4:15, so I was racing the clock and juggling all the crap on my "To Do" list. I had to leave faculty meeting early, so he could go to work because he was freaking out that he was going to be late. So when I arrived at the house, I explained to Moma that we were going to go meet Rebekah. I changed clothes and tried to get her out the door. She has to piddle a bit, so it was a struggle. As I was helping her to the car, I noticed something in her pocket, but thought it was her little change purse (never questioned it). The minute we got going, she noticed the Hawaiian lei around my rear view mirror from my friend Kelli's, birthday party. She began to go on about how "purty" it was and how she wished she had one. I handed it to her. She immediately put it around her neck (and I snapped her picture with my phone). It was all I could do to drive with her adorned next to me. On down the road, she recommended that we stop for something to eat. I told her we would on the way home. She said, "Well, I ain't got my purse". I assured her that I would pay for it. Then I said, "Your change purse is in your pocket". She said, "No, I don't" I said, "Well Moma, what is that in your pocket?" She said, "Oh, that is that little television". WHAT??????? I said, "Let me see" She said, "I ain't gone do it" So I tried another angle. "Moma where did you get a TV that small?" She reached into her pocket and pulled out her ALARM CLOCK!!!!!!! I nearly wrecked the truck. I was laughing hysterically. She said, "Quit laughing at me" I said, "Moma, you have to admit, THAT is pretty funny!" She smiled and said, " I guess so".
People I cannot make this stuff up. My imagination is not that wild. Life with this little woman is never dull, many times exhausting and irritating, but NEVER dull.

1 comment:

cosby2 said...

Too funny!! I hope that today was less stressful.