Home

Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Full Weekend and the Maiden Voyage

The first best friend I ever had in the world came "home" (although she refers to NC as her home, I refuse to accept it) Friday. I took the day off to spend it with her. We had big thrift store plans, but our "other family" needed us. Jerry Waits had a blood clot in his brain and has been in ICU, so Lisa and I started our day there. After a while, we left and did a bit of running around. After blowing money in the Maxx and tossing some cash at J & J Candles, we went home to rest before Bek's play. As soon as we walked in the door, Moma said (in a harsh tone) "Who is that?" pointing at Lisa. Lisa handled her well. I was worried that Moma might intimidate her.
Rebekah's play was AWESOME!!! And thank you Christo for staying with the little old lady so we could go.
Saturday morning we got up bright and early (okay 9ish) and started getting ready for PANCAKE DAY! I let Moma dress herself, so she wore a black skirt and a pink and brown blouse. :) I got out the wheel chair and told Lisa that she would pitch a fit. Lisa said, "She can ride or push me in it". (LOVE IT) She gave no argument when she saw that great big hill at Convention Hall. I think she secretly LOVED it. We parked her at a table and got our plates. About half way through the meal, she offered Lisa and me her other half of her pancakes. We declined. She kept looking at the man next to her, 2 chairs down, and I motioned to her to NOT do what I knew she wanted to do. I turned to speak to Lisa, and she handed the man her pancakes.....A RANK STRANGER! But even more unbelievable is HE ATE THEM!!!!!!! Old people make me crazy. Let's not waste anything......ugh. We took her to the hospital to visit with Kelly and the family for a bit. She acted awful, but she rolled in, in her new carriage, and sat there and grunted while we visited. So, the maiden voyage went well.
Today, she has been a monster. I am not liking her, at all.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Don't forget that she told me that thing around my waist made me look awful.
Anyway, I had a wonderful time. Love you!

Julie Payne said...

Oh yeah! Isn't that precious when she shares with you how AWFUL you look? See what I live with????

Lisa said...

God love her!!!!