Home

Friday, February 18, 2011

Ratted out

Yesterday when I got home from school, the sitter was running out the door as I got out of the truck. "Whew! She's been mean today!" she reported. (Great) When I got into the house, I began my usual disrobing and finding my  beloved gym shorts and tee shirt, reading the mail, putting up school bag, etc. I heard "HEY" "HEY HEY" over and over, so I walked down to her room. "HEYYYY!!!" I asked what all the hollering was about. She questioned, "Where is everbody?" "Who?" was my response. "Are we the only ones here?" I nodded. "ME AND YOU???" she asked in disbelief. "Well, where is mommanthem?" I calmly said, "Moma, you know your Momma is dead". "Well, where is yore husband?" "At work" . And then she said, "Well where is mine?" I nearly laughed out loud. "Moma, Papaw has been dead for years". She practically jumped up and said, "I got to find him" I asked if she even remembered his name. "I can't call his first name, but his last name is Hall" (nice). She started speeding through the house, looking around as if she'd been kidnapped and set free. After a while, she went back to her bed. I heard her hollering again, so I walked down there to make sure she was okay. She was hollering, "HOLD ME" over and over. Then she said, "Julie, you done me wrong and you know you did. Now HOLD ME". (Her eyes were closed, so don't guilt me out). And then she ratted me out to Jesus. "Jesus, Julie was supposed to hold me. If she lets me go......I'll just be gone." I can't decide if that is her usual nonsense of if that is something deep and philosophical.

No comments: