Home

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Breakfast with Moma

Thursday, we were on a 3 hour delay due to the snow, so I did not have to be at school until 10:25. Needless to say, Moma was up bright and early! She was ready to eat and raring to go. Refer back to earlier posts if you don't remember what I am like upon waking. (not nice) She began yakking right off. I grunted in her direction. She asked what the day was and then politely shared with me that I needed to change the board. In my mind, I was saying, "Shut-the-heck-up!" but again, I grunted. Since the sitter was coming in, I made coffee in the coffeemaker. I went ahead and gave her the oatmeal and a glass of water since the coffee wasn't ready. "Ain't you gone make no coffee?????" she screeched in that panicked voice. Once again, I grunt at her and then point to the coffee maker. After her coffee is poured and I have seated myself at the table to eat my strawberry granola bar, I focused on The Today Show. Suddenly, I realized that they were trying to convince me that my beloved Diet Dr. Pepper was killing me. Yikes! I leaned in and tried to grasp every word. Moma yawned.....loud. "You know......" she began, "I don't feel worth a shit today". (Nice) She continued to mutter and moan, yawn and sneeze....and then the precious coughing and hacking up a lung began. She spit and sputtered all the while I am trying to listen to this devastating news. This is her usual behavior. As soon as she realizes that she is no longer the center of attention, her award winning performance begins. I'm just thankful for a job, even though it was delayed by 3 hours.

1 comment:

cosby2 said...

Why....why....

We don't smoke, drink, or take drugs...why do they have to tell us now that our Diet drinks can cause strokes?? That news might just make me ...well...have a stroke!! HA