Home

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Everything Must Go!

Everyone who knows me well, knows that Thursday night is my FAVORITE TV night. I rush home, get supper started, get everything done, and dash off to take my bath because now I have added a new addiction on the Thursday night lineup. I watch Deep End, Grey's and Private Practice until 10:00 pm, so everything MUST be done.
This past Thursday, I had an added stress of trying to make a movie clip work in one of my kids' projects for the regional tech fair the next day. I managed to get supper cooked, eaten and cleaned up, clothes laid out for the next day, and my bath taken. Just as I sit down to my first TV show, with a laptop in hand, ENTER MOMA.
"Julie.....I been intending to ask you (her typical preface) Do you want any of my blouses?" I looked up at her with a blank stare. Where did this come from and where is it going? Long story short, she had decided, at some point, that she had some clothes that she couldn't wear because they are too big (and she'd show us physically her measurement of how much too big). She mentioned her suits, her blouses, her skirts....and then she moved to her "pocketbooks" and then on to shoes. This rocked on all night. I would no sooner get her back to her room and get back to my shows then I would look up and there she'd be. We discussed her clothes, shoes, pocketbooks, moved on to pictures, and old papers (bills, etc). She truly had a case of diarrhea of the mouth. She would NOT shut-up! Kerry was loving it. On the last trip in the den, she was back on that tirade about how much too big her skirts were, when she looked at me so serious and said, "Who do I live with?" I couldn't convince her that she lived here ALL THE TIME, and that her closet was full of clothes she wanted to get rid of.
She wears me out! lol

1 comment:

Ashley said...

check my blog.. you have gotten an award :)