Home

Saturday, February 20, 2010

New Episode

I really don't know what to make of the "spell" she had late yesterday afternoon. I was beginning to get ready for my daughter's play and she was lying down. I happened to remember something I needed to do on the computer, and while I was at my desk I heard this stomping, almost running. Before I could get up good, she was in the refrigerator. I walked into the kitchen with my usual "What are you doing?" She looked up at me with a wild-eyed panic on her face and said "I've got to have something to eat". I closed the refrigerator and pulled her back and she began this tirade of pleading with me to hurry and get her something to eat. It was as if she were nauseated or weak from a virus or something. Everyone has felt that at some point. So I sat her down at the table and got her a saltine and a small glass of tea. She went to work on that cracker like a buzz saw. It was weird. Then she had to have another one ("Hurry!!"). When she finished, I said, "Are you okay?" She looked up at me as if for the first time and said, "Pray for me" Well, silently, I had already begun that. Then she started praying out loud which she does a lot, but then she began screaming in unknown tongues (Yes, screaming). Now, I have heard this all my life, but NEVER screaming, and she hasn't done this but maybe twice since she has lived here in 2 years. She spoke in tongues for ONE HOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She wanted me to help her back to bed. Where, like I said, she continued speaking in tongues for an hour. She would stop long enough to ask for water, and beg me not to leave her. I thought, okay......this is it. She is dying. I left for the play when my sister got there fully expecting to come home to her being gone or in the ER, but Sherry said she acted fine. No strange behavior.
Pray that God won't tarry. I know HIS plan is perfect, but I cannot stand seeing her in that panicked mode or lost and confused. She is no longer my Moma, and hasn't been for quite awhile.

1 comment:

cosby2 said...

Always in my prayers! I know Bec was wonderful in the play. I hate that we won't see it. The grandbabies are here this weekend and next before we head back to AR.