Home

Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Menagerie

*Cough*Hack*Snort*Sneeze*HONK*
This has been my life since Thursday night. I would love to tell you that I am 100% better, but I cannot. I am, however, convinced that I will live. It hit me like a ton of bricks! I mean, I went down hard. No time to fight! Caught me totally off guard. May you never experience it!
Moma has been a pistol ball since Monday of last week. The sitter has reported how mean she has been. She has argued about everything you would argue with her over. She told me I was "crazy as I looked" because I argued with her over whether or not there had ever been a box of tissue kept in my kitchen. I realized just how crazy I must be when I began to screech that I have lived in this house for 19+ years and have NEVER kept tissue in my kitchen! (Enter sane thoughts...why are you arguing with her? and Does it really matter?)
I have felt so bad this week that I couldn't document all the awful things she did, but what I am about to tell you is burned in my memory forever. Now I have to set this up. My niece is a phlebotomist (she draws blood for a living), and God only knows why, but Rebekah had her draw up 2 tubes of her blood to keep (borders on sick and twisted). It was in a bio-hazard bag down in a basket in my den. I kept intending to throw it away or make Rebekah do something with it, but had not. Keep in mind, it was NOT in plain sight. You would have to really be digging to find it. So, Thursday night when I was trying to throw some supper together, feeling really bad, I heard Kerry screaming. "LEAVE THAT ALONE! You ain't got no business with that! Don't......JULIE!!!" I'm sure by now you have guessed that little Miss Nosy had dumped an entire vial of blood all over her, the throw on her lap, and yes....my newly upholstered green and pink polka dotted chair. She had blood everywhere! I wanted to put her on the front porch and close and lock the door. The whole time I was cleaning it and her up, she was saying, "What?" like she was innocent. And Kerry was screaming at me and her! "Leave stuff alone that doesn't belong to you! That should have been thrown out a long time ago! It should have never been where she could get it because she is so *&$% nosy she cannot leave things alone!!! GET TO YOUR ROOM AND DON'T COME OUT UNTIL I SAY YOU CAN!" I was kind of hoping he was talking to me.
There's more....so much more, but I don't feel like typing any more. Maybe later, I'll do an edit.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Uh oh....get better soon!

cosby2 said...

Hope you feel better soon. I also had that same crud about 2 weeks ago and still have some "honking" going on...so I know that it's no fun!