Home

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Hello World

Hooo Boy! Moma woke up like today was her first day on Earth. At first I thought she was going to be a little nasty. She came into the kitchen and growled, "You got anything to eat?" Then acted kind of smart when I gave her the cinnamon roll. But when I sat down next to her to read the paper, she said, "Julie, where'd you get this cup?" It was a keepsake type coffee mug from her church. "Moma, that is yours. It came from your house" was my reply. She pondered that for a minute and then said, "I didn't know......(long pause), what went with all my stuff?" We re-played that conversation at least twice. I had to remind her where every stick of furniture from her house is and who bought the house.
A minute or so later, she looked up at the sign we post every day (with the day and date) and said, "Christmas is over, isn't it?" I shook my head. She then said, "I didn't get nothing did I?" What a sad existence. I cannot understand why God is leaving her here in this condition. Thankfully, He has a plan; a perfect one, and I do not have to second guess it. He will take her in his way and time.

No comments: