Home

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Forgive me for this

I'll apologize for the side-stepping, but this post is not about her.

Yesterday I felt exactly what the Grinch must have felt when his heart began to grow. Not that I am a Grinch by any means because I love Christmas, and always have. My heart swelled with so much pride yesterday that my chest actually hurt. I cried all the way home. Let me explain.....
Several years ago I had a student who stole my heart. I won't go into details but his home life was not the best. I worried over him, I prayed over him, I washed his clothes, I bought him things, I ran interference for him with teachers....I treated him as my own. He grew up and moved on to the high school, but he would still call me on Mother's Day to wish me a happy one. I tried to keep up with him, but did not see him on a regular basis. He dropped in my school yesterday for a visit. He is in the engineering program in the US Army, stationed in GA. He is doing great! After a lengthy conversation with him, I know he has his head on straight. He is becoming everything I knew he could! He spoke with such wisdom and maturity. I was bursting with pride. After he left, he sent me a text telling me that he loved me (called me mama) and said I had brightened his whole week! The moral of this story is: You NEVER know who will be touched by your small act of kindness, your concern or your prayers. YOU can change the world with your words, your actions, and your prayers! Pay it forward!!!!!

No comments: