Home

Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Story

Okay, I've reeled you in with the birthday pictures, now for the story. Moma had a "big" time all day with her birthday. My sister came by with a gift for her, her great grandchildren (the others, not mine) called her to wish her a happy birthday. She got her hair all rolled up for the dinner out. She was pretty well behaved (as most children are on their birthdays). When I was fixing her hair, she kept screaming, "STOP pulling my hair!" and she'd reach up and grab my hand. But fixing her hair is a major undertaking worthy of its own post. All I can say now is GOD BLESS YOU DINAH FOR DOING HER HAIR ALL THESE YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When she was finally ready to go, Kerry started out the door with her. She kept bossing him about what to do, "close my door, get my purse, etc." He had her cane and for some reason that didn't set well with her. (Remember the post on autism? She has to do it the same way every time, and I make her take her own cane) Anyway, we got her in the car, and off we go. She started messing with everything up front (Rebekah and I are in the back seat). She asked Kerry what kind of keys those were? (his work keys) He said, "keys to my airplane". She just looked at him dumbfounded. He told her that when she turned 100, he'd take her up in it. She said, "Why? cause you think my life is over anyway?" LOL At 96, she still has that wit!!
I guess the funniest thing other than telling my nephew that her birthday was "just another day to her" (yeah right, try forgetting it) was when Kelli, Todd, Abigail and little Jeffrey came in to the restaurant. She leaned over to Kerry and said, "What are they doing with that black baby?" He said, "They are keeping it for a friend". She said, "Well people are going to think that baby is theirs!" Kerry said, "I wouldn't care" She said, very agitated, "Well I WOULD!!" She was so outdone that Kelli brought that baby to her birthday supper. She kept looking at him all through dinner. Notice her expression on the pictures. She even mentioned it this morning when she got up for breakfast (at 6:37, ugh).
And this morning, she looked at her birthday cake (or what is left of it) and said, "Well..whose is this?" LOL

No comments: