Home

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Contemplating a nervous breakdown....

Tonight my blog planning was going in one direction (not in a good way), but I just heard Trace Atkins sing a song "You're gonna miss this", so I have a new perspective. Looking back, I do miss my little tiny house on Comnock Avenue where we only had 2 bedrooms, one bathroom (TINY), but life was good and simple. We had a garden and a baby and so much LIFE, but I was looking to a bigger house, another child, etc. Yes, I do miss that. So, I know that when the angels do come, I will miss the clicking of her cane, her irritating grunting, her cries for help, her constant complaining, and yes, all the laughs we have had since she came to live with us. So get ready to laugh...she's been AWFUL this weekend.
Friday night, the kids went off and Kerry had to work, so I invited Mytesa up for "movie night". Could I enjoy an old Annette and Frankie beach movie with my friend? NO! She wanted a drink, and a cookie. She wanted something for itching. She was cold. And on and on....I finally made her mad so she'd go to bed. But Saturday morning....she was up bright and early at 7:30. Now, again, if you know me.....7:30 on Saturday morning?? AND you want to talk?????????????? ugh.....I walked to the pantry to get her oatmeal and she "thought" out loud...Ole oatmeal with a face to match her thoughts. "What do you want?" I screeched. "That is fine" she said. Liar. Her coffee was too hot. "Hon, get me a saucer" (Okay, to whomever started this stupid ritual, it is stupid and I hate it, but today, I don't argue with stupid). I gave her a bowl. "I don't have any saucers". She said, "this is what I use" Okay, another ignorant response. Now, I am not going blow by blow, but just note that this day she was NEEDY and WHINY. She felt so bad....she wanted this, she wanted that....I mean, you'd have thought I worked for her!! Then, after one of her naps, she started EEEEEEEEEtching. She yelped and hollared, and whined. She started toward me with that infernal back scratcher. I ran! I dodged her as long as I could. She caught me diving into the bathroom. So, I came out with the revenge! SOLARCAINE! I sprayed and she screamed! But 15 minutes later, she was back...."scratch my back". I then went for the aloe vera stuff that you use for sunburn because it has Lidocaine in it too. But....she still eeeeeetched! I was just plain mean. There! I admit it. I told her NO I was not scratching her back. I hate that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again, I am not going blow by blow except for the good stuff, so remember she was BAD all weekend! She's on an eating kick again, and you already know how greedy she is. She wanted "one of them little chocolate drinks in the bottle" (Ensure). She had JUST eaten, but she is so freaking greedy. I got her one, but made her sit at the table. She said, "I'm going in there" pointing to the den. "No" I told her, "you are not, you spill". Made her so mad. So, being the horse's patoot that she is, she got up to go out on the deck. SMACK!!! She dropped the whole bottle and Ensure went everywhere! She is so busy....
Sunday morning she slept until 12:30. Had oatmeal basically for lunch. She was "lost" when she got up. She left the table to go to the bathroom. I followed to check on her because she was rambling through Kerry's cabinets. "Am I at your house?" she asked. I never could make her understand that she lives with me. She was up and down, down and up....busy busy busy....greedy with food and drink. She wanted something else as soon as she finished a snack or meal. But the tip of the iceberg was when we went to Dairy Queen to celebrate Father's Day with Kerry's dad, mom, and brother's family. We got there first, and got her seated in a corner seat. Kerry went to order our food, and came back with our drinks. Moma took one sip, and said, "What kind of mess is this?" I said, "coke". She said, "Well I don't like it". I reminded her that she told me at lunch that she was sick of always drinking tea. She continued to complain and was getting loud. Kerry was going to go pour it out and get her tea, and she got really loud and said, "NO!" but he went anyway. Then, she complained about the chicken and fries being "too much" but it was a kid's meal. She emptied her tea twice, Kerry had to get up and get her more. At the end of the meal, I got up to get her FREE treat. Rebekah got a dilly bar, but I got her a kid's cone, thinking this would be best. SHE HAD A FIT!!!!!!!! She talked so ugly to me. I finally told her to "shut up". Kerry got on to me, and she screamed out, "LET HER RAGE!" At this point, I wanted to hurt her. I was not nice. Kerry got on to me, and talked ugly to me over something else. I wanted to cry. Here we sit, the winners of the Dysfunctional Family of the Year and next to us is Kerry's brother's family. Kevin, a Honda employee, doing WELL! His gorgeous wife, dressed nice, happy. His son, a CARBON copy of him, University of Alabama student, doing well, and his step daughter, married and doing well (a carbon copy of her mother). They just got back from the beach and are going on a mission trip to Indiana in a few weeks (the family). The perfect little Christian family! THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MY LIFE!!!!!!
Wonder what the rate at Gadsden Health Care is? I may check in!

1 comment:

cosby2 said...

I think cruises are cheaper than Gadsden Health Care and you still get all your food prepared for you and your bed made every day!!! Plus you have a pool...haha. I also love the Trace Atkins song. When you have time off from Moma, come over and we can swim, eat, sun, relax, and rejuvenate you.
LY