Home

Sunday, May 24, 2009

A Birthday Party

Today I dressed up the little princess and took her to an old family friend's birthday party. She is only back home to sort through her things and empty her house. Her health has dictated that she move in with her daughter in North Carolina. So Happy Birthday Juanita!!! I love you so much. Thanks for being my 2nd mom and for all the precious memories of growing up with you in my life.
The princess balked at the initial idea of going to the birthday party, but when she realized that I was not playing with her, she got up to dress. We got in the truck and halfway there, she asked where we were going. When we got there, I pulled up in the yard to get her in the house, then planned to move the truck. She would not cooperate with me, kept stopping and asking what was I doing, did I have her purse, etc. Finally got her in and the truck moved. I moved her to a table, and then on to fix her plate. She cleaned her plate like she was starving! (Which is good since she has not been eating much) People would come over to speak to her because she was a novelty. She'd look at me right in front of them and say, "Who is that?" Ugh....Then she asked Juanita 6 times (I counted) how old she was. And she would always follow up with her own age (because she does love her some attention!) All in all, she was fairly well behaved until we started out. She was at the door, and I was leading her out when she announced "OOOOOOOOO I'm peeing on myself!" Precious!!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Julie, your blog is so entertaining. I laugh and I feel guilty because I know what you're going through has to be pure dee old hell!! But your way with words just cracks me up! "little princess"- Oh my goodness. Bless your heart!