Home

Friday, May 30, 2008

They're coming to take me away..........

Does anyone remember that song from the 60's or early 70's? They're coming to take me away (he he ha ha) to the funny farm, where life is beautiful all the time...........

I used to think that losing your mind must be the ultimate bliss. What was that other song that said, "It's nice to be insane, no one asks you to explain" or something like that? I mean, I seriously thought losing your mind was the best state to be in. No one holds you responsible or asks you to do anything. BUT! since November 2007, I have changed my feelings on that. It is getting crazier and crazier around here. For example:

Last night, she came into the den and asked Kerry to get a large garbage bag to put her diapers in. He told her to put them in the trash can. Well according to her, she doesn't have one (she does). He took her in there and showed it to her. She said, "Well the garbage man won't pick that up". He told her that we had to empty the garbage cans in the house into the one out back and the garbage man would pick that up. Now, this idiocy went on for several more minutes, I have just abridged the story and jumped to the main point. So, several hours later, she came into the den, and got right in front of me and said (as if a secret), "They tell me that the garbage man won't pick up diapers anymore". Needless to say, Kerry and Christopher started laughing so hard that I couldn't hardly look her in the face. God love her.

Today, I have told her 150 times WHO is graduating tonight (my precious baby girl), and YES you gave her some money! Now, I am serious when I say that she would ask, and within 5 minutes ask again! That wears me out as much as anything. Repeating everything!

But today's most precious little item is this: Today I went to Fred's to buy her some diapers (a. because they fit better and b. because she requested some MEN's diapers. The pack says for MEN and WOMEN). Anyway, I bought 2 eight pack Reese's Cups for Bek (since she is the graduate) and for Chrisopher and Moma to split. However, she was asleep when I got in. Rebekah opened hers and was eating one when Moma came into the kitchen. She immediately noticed them and said, "I want one of those". Rebekah said, "No, Momma bought you some". She was then just going to take it. So Rebekah jerked them out of her hand and said, "NO!" So Moma tapped her with her cane and said, "You are the most hateful thing". The whole time I am trying to show her that I bought her some. I had a bag of chocolate covered caramels (I can't spell the name of the candy) that I ADORE and she had her big hand in the bag and was already smacking on one when I caught her. I said, "Those are mine! I gave you your candy". She said, "Well you can have one of mine" like I wouldn't have bought me those if I'd wanted them!!! She is exasperating! And I am almost positive that she has a candy radar!

1 comment:

cosby2 said...

It's hard to believe little Bec has graduated!!! It seems only yesterday that she was "styling" my hair at the beach...haha. I know how proud you must be! I can't blame Moma for wanting her sweets...Like my dad always answered when I asked him what wanted to eat..."Just a little something sweet I reckon" Love you