Home

Monday, May 26, 2008

Almost Undone....

After spending all day Saturday, Sunday, and today (Memorial Day) with Moma, I am almost totally undone. I am exhausted from talking stupid, running interference between her and the entire family, protecting my dogs from chicken bones and chocolate, and keeping her out of my refrigerator every 20 minutes. She has gone through at least 15 diapers today, has used the bathroom in my floor twice, tried to rearrange my luggage in the top of her closet....sigh. I am so tired.
We have discussed buying men's shirts because "they say they are at a good price now", and we have hunted her "walking stick" several times, and she is convinced that she has been left alone most of the day. She is still looking for that man who comes and checks your bathroom for what you need, and puts out stuff for you to buy, but if you can't pay, you don't have to (I am assuming she means charge it). Could this be the Jewel Tea man or the Fuller Brush salesman? I am thinking it must be. She was like the Jewel Tea man's best customer. Well whoever it is, she is looking for him to come. Oh yes, and here "in the hospital" these ladies used to have things for sale, but this hasn't always been a hospital, it used to be a visitation room (funeral home, maybe?) Yes, I have done crazy all day, for 3 days. How will I survive the summer?
Note to self: Must get busy on finding new sitter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I received your link today and I have read every last one of them. I have cried and laughed and prayed for you and Moma! I have been where you are in care taking of my Daddy and watching him go down hill but, he had a clear mind until his last breath. I am so thankful for that. I pray for you strength to continue in what God has called you to do for her. I also pray that He will give you and her peace and some more memories like He gave you on that day in April (was it April the 26th) before he takes her home. I love you so much. Trudie