Home

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Flashback


Remember Troll Dolls? I had several. I had the tiny ones that I made beds for in matchboxes. I had one about 3 inches tall, and then I had a 5 inch tall one with bright pink hair and eyes. I loved my troll dolls. I made them clothes from old socks. I brushed their hair. I never thought of them as "good luck charms" or anything magical, I just liked them. I would always get one out of the gumball machines in the grocery store. I had a blue million of them.
On Mother's Day (of all days), my niece had an "ah ha" moment. You could see the light switch on and she said, quite proud of herself, "I know exactly what Moma looks like!! She looks like one of those troll dolls, with that wild hair." We all fell out laughing. Yes, she kind of reminds you of a troll. Her hair is wild, she growls, and her smile (when she smiles) is crooked. I can just hear her growling at the Three Billy Goats Gruff. When she isn't grumpy, she is cute and funny. And sometimes, she smells like I imagine they would. Just like my troll dolls from the 70s. So don't think us mean. We love our trolls, the real ones and the dolls.

No comments: