Home

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sunday, April 22

The events of last week made me a better person. I was slower to anger, kinder in actions and nicer to her all around. Today, she is testing me. Today, I am back to being her indentured servant. Here is how breakfast went.

7:00 am She wandered into the kitchen, Kerry and I were still asleep. She left in disgust.
8:30 am Kerry had left the house. She stormed into the kitchen slamming her walker into the table. She then banged on my bedroom door and screamed, "WHEN YOU GONE GET UP AND FIX MY BREAKFAST?" I got up. I went to the bathroom. When I came out, she screamed again, "HEY!!! DID YOU HEAR ME? I WANT SOMETHING TO EAT!"
As I was walking around in the fog that you call morning, she began her questioning routine. "What day is this?" "You fixin' me something to eat?" "Where is Kerry?" "Has it been a-rainin'?" I was doing the very best I could to function and ignore her as well. Thankfully, my sweet husband had already made the princess' coffee.  I poured her a cup thinking this would slow her yelling at me. When I sat it in front of her, she said, "I want something to eat too!" (really? really?) I silently turned back to her oatmeal prep. After I got it fixed, I sat it and her morning pills in front of her. She began her eating routine which includes growling like a puppy eating kibble. I got myself a granola bar and a Diet Dr. Pepper and sat in my usual seat at the table (which unfortunately is next to her). "Where'd you get that?" I pointed to the pantry. "What is it?" I showed her the now empty box. "I WANT ONE! GIMME ONE!" I turned the box upside down to show her it was empty. "Shit!" she said. I picked up the Big Lots sale paper. Within minutes, she removed it from my hands and examined it. "Where is Lots?" she asked, "Alabama City" my reply. Never returned the sale paper, she went about eating her oatmeal. When I heard the spoon hit the bottom of the bowl, I thought my service was over. She shoved the bowl at me and growled, "That wasn't enough". I said, "Lunch will be soon". She screamed, "I WANT SOME MORE OATMEAL!!!!"  I fixed it. "Hey, I need some more coffee" I poured it. "Well this ain't hot! I want it hot!" (Yeah, I had the same thought you just did, but I didn't) I nuked the coffee in the microwave (that little oven as she calls it). She drank a sip or two, then barked, "HEY! You didn't fix me no water!" (Because this is the 60's and we serve water with every meal?) I fixed her water and shoved her pill cup at her. "Take these", I said. "I done took them onest today". I shook my head no at her. She said, "Okay, I'll take 'em again". After a few more demands on me, she finally went back to bed. I hope she wakes up in another personality. I liked nicer me. I thought that was going really well.

No comments: