Home

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Hate is an ugly word.....

I know I say  it so  much it doesn't even mean anything any more, but I hate her! (It's kind of become an endearing term......ha!)
For some reason, I thought taking her to the BBQ festival at the falls would be a great idea. She had so much fun last year, and didn't want to leave. I was happy that Rebekah went with us. Without her, I might have dumped Momaw out in that wheelchair. I am not the best driver.
After we dressed her up, we headed out. She asked no less than 6 times from the driveway to the parking lot, "Where are we a-going?" We rolled up to the gate, and there was a black female security guard. Bek and I trembled for fear of what she might say.  She seemed to be more interested in the fact that she was a female "po-lice" than a black female. (That was God's grace) We walked around a bit to see what all was there (or what was NOT there.....dang Wills Creek Ice Cream NOT), then we went to the VIP pavilion for our "free" food. Moma complained about every morsel. All the employees made over her and carried on, so she put on a show. She got loud a couple of times. Somehow we made it out of there with no major incident. We had reservations to eat at the South Pork tent (owned by 2 of my vendors), so we strolled around and then headed there. We pushed her wheelchair up to the table and Bek and I got in line to fix plates. Moma turned to the lady at the end of the table and said, "Where in the hell do you get something to eat?" I got her food to her and went and got her a Coke (because she wouldn't have it any other way) She couldn't eat half the food and could not drink the Coke.  She attempted to give her food to everyone at the table. I ignored her as much as possible as there were many people there that I haven't seen in forever. When we finished eating, Rebekah and I decided to leave because it was getting cool and we knew she would be freezing. I wrapped a throw around her legs and one around her shoulders. She started screaming (seriously) "Well, I'm about to freeze!" "Hey! I'm cold" and on and on.....She never shut her mouth from there to the car. My purse being the black hole that it is had swallowed my keys. I dug and dug, looking frantically for them before she had a come-apart. She began complaining, then she turned to me and screeched "Well HURRY UP, I'm a freezing!!!" Without missing a beat, Rebekah popped her arm like a child and said, "Shut-up!" I nearly peed my pants. Moma said, "If you ever hit me again, I'll get up and slap the shit outta you". And of course Rebekah yelled back, "DO IT!!!" Sigh....I was so tired. My arms were aching from pushing the old woman and my mind and ears were so sick of processing the complete and total nonsense that she had regurgitated all day. I was ready to get home!
The next morning, Penny came at 7:30 so I could participate in the "Smoke Your Buns" 5K. I quit after 2 miles. My sister-in-law, niece and I were dead last and I saw no reason for the employees to stand their ground for the 3 of us. They would see us coming and start taking up their barricades and cones. Quite embarrassing! and I am soooooo out of shape (shame on me) and to be completely honest, I am so competitive that if I cannot at least place, I am not playing. (Yes, I fight this competitive spirit DAILY) So, now I am known as "the quitter". This too shall pass....I laugh and say I only came for the tee shirt. (not) So, when I got home, Penny was painting her toenails while Moma critiqued her. (Penny was going to be in our church fashion show yesterday.) She had been to an estate sale and brought Moma some house shoes, gowns and summer robes. Moma was thrilled with them. She put on an award winning performance. But the real joy of my day was later.
I decided since I am such a loser (the race, my weight, my life) that I needed to get some stuff done. I was going to tackle the deck and patio and get it ready for my Wal-Mart (trailer park) pool! Please note that I hide this pool on my patio so that only the VERY close by can see it (close by meaning standing on my patio). I began as soon as she departed the kitchen for her room. It was terribly nasty from animal hair, pollen, dirt, insects, etc so my job was laid our for me. I was going great guns when I heard that walker.....ugh. So I went in and took care of what she needed, sent her on her way, and went back to work. It was no time when I heard her again. Again, I met her need and she went back to her room. When I heard her up the 3rd time, I just went inside and brought her out on the deck with me (because she has this built in radar and she was not going to stop). She piled up in the swing (or swang as she calls it) and bossed a bit. "Hey, you missed a spot....look behind you!" "Hey, why don't you......" I tried to ignore her before I killed her. The thing that bothers me the most though is when she starts moving things around while I am working. For example, I placed some random things on a bench while I prepared the place they were to go. She started putting them up under the bench, in the windows, on my plant stand, etc. You can never just finish a job without her butting in. I HATE THAT MORE THAN ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( Leave me alone and stay out of my business!) She is such a busy body! I pictured tossing her over the end of the deck several times. It gave me enough peace to finish what I was doing without even addressing her sins. But the funniest (I laugh now) thing she did was to pile up in my swing, propped up on pillows (head and feet) and call me from the patio. I got up there and she said in that growly voice "You got anything good to drink?" So I went in and fixed the princess a glass of tea (which she spilled, because you cannot lie in a swing and drink tea). I fixed that princess "something good to drink" at least 6 times before I just flat out ignored her. If you could have seen her......hair awry, pink fluffy robe, God awful red house shoes with white socks, and smelling like the sewer, weighing in at 85 pounds, talking to me like she was Miss Daisy......I hate her.

2 comments:

cosby2 said...

Don't ever think you're a loser. I am also out of shape, gained weight, and I don't have ANYTHING to use as an excuse! I also like to win, or at least do well, so I would not have even entered the race! At least you participated. We "mall walk" in the mornings and get passed by most everyone that isn't on a walker....haha. I like to think that our slowness is caused by the hubby...haha!

Julie Payne said...

ROFL! Jane....if the people on walkers start passing you, leave Nat and GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol