Home

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Refusing to Eat

Moma is in one of those stages where she won't eat. She doesn't physically refuse the food but she moves it around on her plate, takes bites and many times spits it out in her hand and throws it back on the plate. I am sure that there is no great taste for her anymore. She doesn't even really care anything about her chocolate milk. She will still eat oatmeal and drink coffee. I have instructed the sitter that she is not to be encouraged to eat, drink, take medicines, or do anything else she doesn't want to. She can no longer control her bowels or urination. She is losing some of her vision. I think her body is trying to lead her in a certain direction. I am almost positive that she has another UTI, but the nurses keep saying that she is just dehydrated. She drinks tea, water, milk and coffee every day. If you pray, please pray a) for God's will and b) that he will have mercy on her. It is not mine to ask why, but I cannot understand her still being here in this tiny little shell, with no clue half the time where she is. The truly sad, and somewhat funny, thing is that if she were an animal we would have already euthanized her. She was my best friend for most of my life. I hate seeing her like this.

No comments: