Home

Friday, December 23, 2011

Picture it!

I sound like Sophia on Golden Girls. But seriously, Picture it! Thursday morning on Lookout Mountain...got things to do and places to go. Alas, life has other ideas in mind. Hubby in the bed with throw-up virus (Yes, Kerry it is a virus, not food poisoning! Food poisoning doesn't last that long) I have a dentist appointment and Rebekah, the sleeper, is going to get up and watch Mildred. I bounce down the stairs to retrieve my clothes (because I have no closet, I use the laundry room....gave Millie my closet 4 years ago). I'm in a fairly good mood. Gonna pull out of this slump and get in the Christmas spirit! As I get to the top of the stairs, I see that Mildred is sitting up in her chair. All the bed clothes are in the floor. The smell knocks me to my knees. "Hey! I need some panties....." The urge to kill her is so strong. I resist. I go on and finish getting dressed to allow my blood pressure to stabilize. Then, I go into her room and glove up. I get a white trash bag and remove all the offensive smelly items. I put them in the bag which I toss onto the front porch. I get her up and make her wipe off, put on a clean diaper and gown. I get her a clean housecoat. I go promptly to the phone and cancel my dentist appointment. It is going to be a long day.
She wet the bed again later in the day. I wanted to make her sit in it, but thought better of it since the smell is so pungent I knew I could not stand it. I changed her bed, cleaned her up (liking her less and less), and went back to the holiday cooking that I normally LOVE to do (today, I don't). I don't like sick people or old people....how did I get myself into this?
Finally, just to make the day a totally precious hot mess, I gave Mildred a Christmas card that had come for her. She opened it. It was from sweet neighbors who were also great friends. She looked at it and said, "They could've sent me some money!" and tossed it on the table dismissing its sentiment.  She is the Grinch and I am Ebeneezer. Let's get 'er done and move on.

1 comment:

cosby2 said...

Nothing like the smell of vomit and urine to start your day off!! Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!!!!