Home

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Home again.....

Okay, we got home today and Moma was dead asleep. I mean OUT of it. We unloaded the car and put away all our stuff including all the Christmas stuff we bought!! She didn't wake up for about an hour! Wow!
The heat was off. The temp in our house was a chilly 63 degrees. We keep it on 67 but 63 is a bit cool. Two kamikaze birds had flown into our heating unit and died. Nice. Anyway, the house is a toasty (too warm) 69. Mr. Payne is trying to make up for her freezing the whole time we were gone. BUT! in our defense, no one bothered to tell us the heat wasn't coming on. Kelli slept fully clothed! but did she tell me? No.
When she woke up, she was all sweet, and I'm glad you're home, and I missed you, and I love you, but by the time we ate supper, she was back to her usual complaining. "This ain't fit to eat" she said about the Subway sandwich I bought her. "This bread ain't no good". The last time I got her a sandwich, I chose white bread for her thinking it might be softer. She said, "How come your bread is pretty and brown and mine is white?" So this time, you guessed it. I chose wheat bread for her, like ours, and she hated it. There is no winning with her EVER. The truth in this is that just when you think you are doing something for her that she will really enjoy. Forget it. Old people are so unpredictable, like small children. You can NEVER figure them out.

No comments: