Home

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Chex Mix?

Imagine the pleasure of waking to the sound of a cane thumping through your home. As I lay in bed, in and out of sleep, I was aware that she was moving around the house. I wasn't too concerned as it sounded like, to me, that she was in our living room. I figured she was looking out the picture window. I must have drifted off. Kerry woke me, "She's in the pantry!" I flung back the covers, jerked open our bedroom door, and there, between the doors of my pantry stood Moma elbow deep in a bag of Chex Mix. She wasn't even a little surprised when I opened the door. The truth is she did not care. She was munching on some Turtle Chex Mix (and no telling what else). Ugh....

1 comment:

cosby2 said...

Hey...I like me a good midnight snack too!! I'm sure she really doesn't have a concept of time. I know my dad didn't. The pictures of her at the Falls and at Thanksgiving were priceless! I'm back home from AR and have Nat's children coming in this week. Hang in there!