Home

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Hurry up and wait

Today has been a day of hurry up and wait. Moma woke me up around 8 like she was starving to death. I rushed to get her breakfast, then had to wait on her to finish. She eats so slow. She has to ramble through the paper while she eats, ask a blue million questions, and go through the daily (hourly) coughing spell of hacking up a lung. She gags, hacks and spits. It is seriously enough to make you sick. I have to busy myself with other things so as not to dwell on it. She finished eating and instead of doing her usual thing of going back to bed, she sat. And sat, and sat, and sat......asking the same questions over and over. Inside my head, I was screaming "I have stuff to do!!! HURRY THE HECK UP!!!" She finally got up and went to bed. I busied myself with changing the sheets, washing clothes, and other such necessary nonsense. While folding clothes at the dryer, I heard her get up. I curse, then dash up the stairs because she is not one you can leave alone. "Hey! Ya got anything to eat?" she asked. I tried to tell her that she had just eaten breakfast. She was buying any of that. So, we revisited breakfast. Same oatmeal, same coffee. And again, she sat. She asked the same questions over and over. I played with my iPhone to keep from killing her. She simply was not going to spend much time napping today. And so it was all day long. I am exhausted, and haven't gotten very much done.
New dilemma: Moma's pull-up type diapers are now too big. So, now when she wets one, she gets soaked because the legs are too big and they stand open. We may have to go to plain diapers. She will not be able to do that herself, so that will be another thing that we will have to tend to for her (with gloves, as she has MRSA in her urine). I am not happy about that. About to do some research to see if they make extra small diapers for adults. I tried the Good-nights for older children but her hip bones are too broad, they won't pull up. I welcome any and all suggestions. I do NOT want to start diapering her.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I can't help but feel your pain. Her behavior today was very much like Hudson's today! Fortunately, he's super cute :)

Julie Payne said...

Awwww.....I am so happy for you Ashley!