Home

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Threats!

Tonight, I was cooking fresh peas, meatloaf and frying fresh okra. Moma was under my feet driving me crazy! I do not handle cooking all that stuff by myself well. I didn't have an egg for the meatloaf, so I texted my friend, Cheryl, for a substitute. She sent me a link to lots of substitutes, not knowing I was elbow deep in ketchup and ground beef (gag), so I just plopped a spoonful of  mayonnaise in it. Cheryl nearly died when I told her. Kerry Payne did NOT marry me for my cooking/cleaning skills! ANYWAY......Moma found my granola bars I had bought for my breakfast. She wrestled one out of the box (destroying the box, I might add) She ate maybe 1/3 of it, then proceeded to wrap the rest up, like she loves to do. I reached for it, saying I'd put it up for her. She jerked the bar away from me, then stuck her nasty little hand in my face. I pushed her hand away, and it hit the refrigerator. She said, "I'll slap the shit out of you!" In my mind I said, "Do it and I'll flip you over backwards in that chair little missy", but what I really said was "You try it, sister!" I really needed to get my walk in tonight so that the visions of doing my family harm would be freed with my stress from my new job situation, but it didn't happen. If it weren't for the grace of God, I'd be a Mountain View resident!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Why wasn't I invited over for this meal?

Julie Payne said...

LOL I will invite you next time, I needed help cooking it!!!!