Home

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Mildred Magoo

Sometimes, I can just look at Moma and realize that she is in her Mr. Magoo mode. I used to call it Millicent because back then she was just sweet but lost as a goose. Sweet no longer exists in any personality! Today after her 1st nap, she came into the den where I was reading, and patted my shoulder. "Hey Lady.....can you help me?" She had asked me this earlier when she had wet her clothes and entered the bathroom with me naked as the day she was born. So, cringing, I turned to look at her. Whew! She was clothed, but she said, "Will you see after me?" I nodded and motioned for her to sit down. She was quiet for a moment but then sat up and said, "JULIE! What kin are you to me and Sherry?" WHAT? Really? You live with me, but you remember my sister? Seriously? I told her that I was Sherry's sister. She said, "I didn't know that!" After a few minutes of silence (you could almost see the wheels turning), she sat up and hollered "What happened to my husband?" Being the smart-a** that I am, I said, "Which one?" She said, "How many did I have?" I said, "Several" She sat up and hollered, "Well where in the hell are they?" I'll admit, I almost had to leave the room on that one. I told her that they were dead. After a longer period of silence, she sat up and said, "I ain't got no sense! I'm a going to bed!" This was no news to me.

No comments: