Home

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Dear Mother,
Happy Mother's Day in Heaven. It is hard to believe that you have been gone almost 16 years. I know that you are happy with Daddy, and I would not wish you back to this place. I just wanted to assure you and Daddy that Moma is doing well. I am taking care of her the best I know how. As you remember, I am not a nurturing person, nor have I ever been crazy about old people. God has met my needs since the day I took her in. I am tested daily. I am tired and exhausted. I have sacrificed and missed things that I really wanted to do. I have almost become apathetic about things that I should care deeply about. My sense of humor is cruel and twisted. I am angry a lot. I do not like her most of the time, and I see what you have said for years about her being self centered. She thinks it is all about her. And in my house and my world, it is. She wears me out, but she is my grandmother, who sacrificed her time to keep a silly, chubby little girl while her mother worked. I am blessed, to say the least. She has been sweet today, and I have enjoyed her. Tomorrow will most likely be different. I love her, so I will be here for her until she draws her last breath. But, not only because I love her, but because I want you and Daddy to be proud of me. I am sure that you could argue this, but MOST of my life has been lived to make the two of you proud of me. I want to be the wonderful person that you both are. Alas, I am not, but I strive to be. You were a wonderful mother, a fine example, and a true Southern Belle. I love you.

3 comments:

cosby2 said...

Sweet post to your mother. I'm missing my mother today too, but I know she is having a special day in heaven!

Lisa said...

This made me cry! I love you!

Amanda said...

tears