Home

Monday, March 15, 2010

Listen and Repeat

"What day is this?" "Is today Sunday?" "Julie, what day is it?" "Hey, what's today?" and that was just at breakfast this morning. I wanted to scream..."LISTEN! Repeat after me..." Ha! You think I am kidding, but I promise you it is no jest. This morning, once again, we are dying. You see, to my regret as well, it is cloudy, cool, and rainy. So automatically, this means......"I feel so bad". She has gotten really good at this little drama that she stars in. She has me questioning from time to time if she is really about to die. No, I am not being cruel. I know she is old. I know she probably does feel bad. But, even though, I don't speak math...I do recognize a pattern. Clouds, rain, cool weather, and a suitcase being packed will send her into a tailspin of despair. Yep, I am taking a few days to go to the beach to completely lose myself in the sand, surf, and ocean breeze. I want to read and feel that vacuum of being totally unconscious of my surroundings, except the previously mentioned. I need to clear my mind of the ducks that are still scattered and some totally lost. I'll line them up when I get home.
Beginning the first day of spring break with clouds and cool weather is not my idea of spring break, but I remind myself that this is the day the Lord hath made.....so....I WILL REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN IT.

No comments: