Home

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Back in time....

Random things I remember about my grandmother, when she was, indeed, my grandmother:
  • She could grow any kind of flower, which is something I know I got from her. My mother didn't even like flowers.
  • She always had a comment to make, which was usually inappropriate and hilarious (hmmm....sounds like???)
  • She was passionate about serving God, in soooo many ways. She dedicated her new car (which we own) to God. She picked up little old ladies all over Alabama City and carried them to church.
  • She loved to eat (still does). And HEY! so do I!!!
  • She LOVED her dogs! (and loves mine as well) I know I got my love of animals from her. My parents were NOT dog people, and my sister would just as soon not be bothered.
  • She bought stuff from the Jewel Tea man, Stanley, Avon, and saved green stamps.
  • She taught me to jump rope, shoot marbles, and shoot a basketball. One of our favorite games was to bounce a tennis ball against her house and catch it. Of course, we could not do this when Pawpaw was home. The grouch said we were breaking the shingles. Ugh......
  • She answered the phone "Joe Rumore!" and watched Dialing for Dollars every day! Her favorite soaps were Guiding Light, Secret Storm and General Hospital.
  • She was my BEST FRIEND!

1 comment:

cosby2 said...

It is nice that in these days of frustration, that you can remember the Moma that you love so much.