Home

Sunday, May 20, 2012

What a weekend!

Wow! It's been such a weekend, I am not sure where to start. But being the symmetrical fool that I am, I'll start with Friday.

Friday:

I came home more than a little irritated and upset. It seems that my new principal and the old counselor have set out to completely and totally destroy me. Every day there is a new rumor about where he is having me transferred. It is NO secret that I have applied for another job or two, but not within our system. If I am going to stay with the GCS, then I choose my school. Why? Truthfully, God has given me such a heart for my East Gadsden kids. They are my heart. I love middle school, and have NO desire to return to elementary unless it is back to a classroom (which I'm a little scared of in these crazy times). Call me crazy, but middle school (and especially EASTSIDE middle school) is a perfect fit for me. After school, I was on the phone trying to dispel the rumor that I am being transferred back to Walnut Park (full circle). I came in the house on the phone, which I rarely do, as Moma doesn't recognize my cell as a telephone. After the sitter left, I was in the kitchen talking to my friend and Moma called out, "Just call it all off!" I turned and looked at her. "Huh?" I asked. "Just call everything off!" I nodded okay, having no clue what she meant and finished my conversation. When I got off the phone, I asked her what she was talking about.  She stood, threw up her arms, and declared, "Just call everything off!" I said, "Ohhhhkay". Then she pointed to the date board. And said, "call it off", and kept nodding. So I quickly came to her aid.

 She was fairly quiet, the rest of the night. But when I went to change her bed (because it was wet, of course), I found this (see picture). I called Rebekah in to see it. We both nearly lost it. I teared up. I think she is ready for a baby doll.
That is the sweet little doll I put in her stocking at Christmas. She looks kind of like a Cabbage Patch doll.
So sweet (not Moma, the moment....)

Saturday:

I made my mind up that I was not going to waste a day sitting around waiting for her to go back to bed so I could get stuff done, so I chose to make Saturday my "errand" day. I told Moma at breakfast that I had some places to go and I wanted her to go with me. She asked me to lay out her clothes and she'd get herself dressed. We started out headed to the cleaners, then by Charlotte's store to get a baby gift, then on to the Gadsden Mall. I needed a new bra, some tennis shoe inserts, and I wanted to find her some flat shoes and a little knit jogging suit (something comfy and not dressy). We parked and she tried to refuse to get out of the car. Finally, I got her out, and loaded in her wheel chair and off we went. She wouldn't admit it in a million years but she loves that wheel chair. We shopped around a bit. She tried on some shoes for me, and just as I was about to buy them, she said, "Let's just wait....." I knew she really didn't like them because they were flat. Ugh....We headed to the food court for lunch. (Sidebar: the Gadsden Mall has the MOST pitiful food court known to man. It's Asian, Mexican, Italian, or Chik-Filet...Not a hamburger to be had). Needless to say, we chose Chik-Filet. I got her settled at the table, after we ordered, and went back to get our food. When I returned, she was talking to some man. He was just eating her up. I sat down, and he was less than 20 steps from us and she said, "Who the hell was that?". I nearly choked. She was making lots of precious observations like, "I ain't never seen so many big fat people in one place". I finished eating and kept waiting on her but she was too busy looking around.

She informed me that she was fine, for me to go do what I needed to do. Hesitantly, I walked over to Bath and Body Works and the GNC while she finished. When I returned, she had 3 tiny pieces of chicken on a napkin. I sat and waited again. Finally, I said, "Moma, let's run up to Belk's. I might buy you something." She begged, "Please let me sit here and watch. I won't go no where." I realized that she was people watching and seemed perfectly happy, so off to Belk's I went. When I returned, she requested something sweet. I said, "Well, let's stop and get a cookie on our way out". She let me know real quick that I could walk down there and get her one, she was not ready to go. So I did. Then I went to the book store (I promise I was only in there a minute, unlike usual) and then over to Victoria Secret. When I went back to get her to LEAVE the mall, she resisted. She was so mad at me. "I AIN'T READY TO GO!!!!!!!" she growled. I loaded her back into the car. Time spent at Gadsden Mall: 2 hours. We pulled out of our parking place and she said, "Get me some more drink". I argued that I had asked her before we left if she wanted a refill and she refused it. She began just ripping me to shreds. I mean literally blessing me out. I pulled into the other Chik-Filet and ordered her a small tea. I wanted to put her out at this point. What did she do to repay me for my gesture? She began pouring the new cup of tea into the old cup which still had tea in it, so yes.....poured it all over herself and my seats. (Maybe that is why Kerry bought me a 1998 Grand Prix with 189,000 miles on it). I grabbed the old cup from her, poured the contents out the window and slung it into the back seat. "You suck the very life out of me!!! You take away every bit of joy I receive for doing something nice for you and with you! You are absolutely driving me crazy!" I screamed at her. "Thanky" was all she said. I was livid! Her antics caused me to forget to go to the pharmacy and pick up Mr. Payne's meds. He, more than anyone, doesn't need to skip a blood pressure pill. She was mean and hateful the rest of the afternoon. I am seriously considering taking her to the food court every Saturday and making sure she has food, then running like a cheetah.

Sunday:

When you wake up to this. You know something has gone awry. Kerry met her in the kitchen with a pajama top and slip on. No walker. Her slip was covered in.....well, not urine.....yeah, the other. She had no diaper on. He gave her a diaper and sent her walking. She apparently put it on. I woke up and found this.
Yes, that is Moma wadded up in a ball wrapped up in her blanket. You can't see her sheet but it had skid marks all over it. Precious. And you people think I'm crazy?

2 comments:

Foret de Michelle said...

We love you. Thought you might need to hear that... xoxo

Julie Payne said...

Thanks so much!! I love you too!