Home

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sunday at Gran's

Today we went to Kerry's mom's house for lunch. Moma behaved herself fairly well at lunch. She only fed the dog once, and attempted another but got intercepted. Kerry and I sat at the bar in another room. We wanted his family to be able to enjoy her all to themselves.  (lol)  After lunch, the Payne tradition is to go sit on the porch. We all went out and Mildred entertained awhile (video to come on her take of living in the country), but she got up and said, "Let's go" to me, and waved at the rest of the family and told them we had to go (like she was in charge). I got up and followed her in to clean up a bit. I didn't have to bring anything so the very least I could do was clean up. Moma went into the dining room where all the desserts were and grabbed her a chocolate cookie. "Can I have this?" she asked as she snatched it up. I told her yes, and was trying to lead her into the kitchen to get a napkin. She kept jerking away from me and yelling, "I want a napkin". She would not listen to me and could not hear me for talking herself. I was trying to tell her that the napkins were on the bar. Finally she jerked away from me and I grabbed her arm, and the cookie went flying into the air. It landed on the floor, and I snatched it up and chunked it in the garbage can and before I could think, I had my hands under her arms, lifted her off the ground and flung her scrawny butt on the couch. I wanted to kill her at that very moment. I grabbed her face like you might a child and said, "YOU CANNOT HEAR ME BECAUSE YOU WON'T SHUT UP TALKING!" and I pushed her back. She rared back her cane and said, "I'll knock the piss out of you!" I screamed, "I wish you would crazy ass!" Kerry came running and got her under control. I was shaking all over. I literally wanted to mash her face into the sofa cushions until she drew her last breath. I know that most of it is me, but she is getting so much more childlike that I dislike her more and more every day.
When we got home, she began nagging me about when was I going to cook supper. When we finally ate, she said she didn't want her roll. Kerry told her he wanted her to eat it. Then under his breath said "because the more you eat, the better the chances that you will choke". Meanness is catching.

No comments: